I’m very much looking forward to my role as MC for this event. After a year of hosting comedy gigs, and more recently the stages at the fantastic Phoenix Festival, it’s wonderful to be asked to head up a concert promoting such a good cause.
This will be a great night of music and entertainment and I am so pleased to be able to play a small part in introducing some top Cirencester talent.
The community spirit in Cirencester has always been strong and to extend that spirit to Ukraine is something very special. I look forward to seeing you there.
Cirencester Male Voice Choir are now formally a Registered Charity – with the aim of supporting Charities! And having fun singing together, of course. We recently took part in the world’s largest Male Choral Festival and were delighted by the reception.
A little over 30 strong with a professional Music Team under our Director, James Willshire and Accompanist Louise Matley, we sing to raise money for local causes or national organisations that work with the people of Cirencester and its surroundings.
And singing in a group has so many positive health impacts, so we welcome new members who want to improve their mental and spiritual wellbeing, or just meet new friends.
We are absolutely delighted to perform for this excellent cause this evening, our thanks to the organisers.
The Corinium Players are looking forward to performing at this important event to help raise much needed money for the ‘Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal’
They will be performing a selection of Latin and Easy listening pieces on the warm sounds of the classical guitar.
Amazing Auction! See lots below.
1. Four double bedroomed house in the small town of Lessay, Normandy for a week, just ten minutes from the sea with miles of sandy beaches: very kindly given by Sue Herdman
2. 121 – £200 session with Mark Hodson, qualified Wim Hof instructor
3. Two tickets (£40) for a concert in the Autumn in Malvern Festival featuring the European Chamber Orchestra donated by Peter Smith – Artistic Director
4. Charles Martell, cheese maker by Royal Appointment to HRH the Prince of Wales, has kindly donated a Stinking Bishop cheese in a wooden box: the label is signed by Charles
5. A stunning blue tablecloth with detachable sunflowers for easy laundering, kindly made and donated by the Cirencester u3a Creative Crafts group
6. Six hand painted mini hares by Year 6 pupils, given by Florence Shore of The Cirencester Hare Festival
7. Four mini hares hand painted by Olga Geni and her children: our Cirencester Ukranian refugee family
8. Also a number of unpainted mini hares to be personalised
The Mary Lou Revue celebrate song and dance from the Golden Era of entertainment, singing classic Swing Jazz, Big Band and Hollywood musical numbers. We love to share these timeless melodies and the joy they bring to people. With some nifty dance steps, fabulous costumes, and plenty of heartwarming moments, we hope to put a spring in your step and a song in your heart
Thanks to all:
Everyone involved in this exciting evening has so generously given their time for free to help those whose lives have been torn apart in Ukraine. Matt Frost for the use of the Baptist Church. Lounge Design who has designed the artwork. Cirencester Round Table who kindly paid for the posters and leaflets. Ciren Scene, who has provided free publicity for the event. The volunteers who have spent many hours organising this.
Tickets for this amazing evening are £10 and can be bought through Eventbrite. www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/Ciren-makes-music-for-ukraine-tickets-389831796397 Or from m.a.d.e. Silver Street – opposite WH Smith
All monies donated on the night will be given to the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
Tickets for Ciren Makes Music for Ukraine.
Issues with the QR Code for Eventbrite.
- Tickets are available from m.a.d.e Silver Street Cirencester
- Use the Eventbrite website and search for Ciren Makes Music for Ukraine. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ciren-makes-music-for-ukraine-tickets-389831796397
- Tickets available on the night.
To keep up to date with what´s going on in town, feel free to join our Facebook group by clicking here.
0 comments on “Ciren Makes Music for Ukraine – Cirencester Baptist Church – Sat 8th Oct 19:30”